Today, we met at my Mom’s house to make gingerbread houses and cookies. It’s another Christmas tradition that we look forward to every year.
Emma making her gingerbread cookies.
Ava thought they were very yummy!
Wesley’s gingerbread boy.
Heather and Olivia working hard.
Here are the gingerbread houses!
Wesley, was the “official” judge and he said mine was the best.
I thought it was funny that Ava was so fascinated by the movie “Scrooge”.
Pretty Emma in her new jacket from Aunt Megan and Uncle Jason.
Heather was attempting to get a picture of Olivia for her Christmas cards.
We had a fun time and made lots of great memories!
We had a wonderful Thanksgiving. We usually make three stops on Thanksgiving. My mom’s for lunch, Eric’s grandmother’s for a second lunch, and my Mamaw’s house for dinner.
Here is my sweet little family that I am so thankful for.
Ava really loved Thanksgiving food! She ate more than Wesley and Emma!
I’m not sure what Eric is doing here? haha!
Ava and Olivia having a tea party.
The girls playing dolls with Aunt Megan.
Hope everyone had a happy Thanksgiving!
Today, the kids and I met my Mom, Heather, and Olivia at the Fantasy of Trees. This is one of our favorite things to do, and a great way to kick off the holidays.
All of the cute kids.
Heather and Olivia.
The Reagan clan.
Emma wanted me to take a picture of her in front of this cute pink tree.
Wesley and the Smokies baseball mascot.
Here are a few of the trees we loved.
The Barbie tree.
This one had a “50′s TV show theme.”
I liked the ribbon on this one.
Emma and Wesley got their faces painted.
Wesley made a Santa hat, and after a little bit of drama we finally found a “craft” for Emma to make. She and Ava both colored these little stuffed puppy dogs.
Riding the carousel.
We really enjoyed looking at the gingerbread houses. They were so amazing!
This one was even decorated on the inside. It’s the home of “The Three Bears”. See Goldilocks upstairs?
This was my very favorite!
Yesterday, we went to our little friend Keira’s 2nd birthday party. It was at The Little Ponderosa Zoo. We had never been before and it was SO much fun! The weather was perfect and the kids had a blast!
Her party theme was Sid the Science Kid. So cute!
Ava decided that one fork wasn’t enough to eat her cake with.
After we ate the kids each got a bucket of food and we got to walk around and feed some of the animals.
They loved riding the ponies.
Even Ava was brave enough to ride on one.
Ava had fun exploring.
It was an awesome birthday party! Happy Birthday Keira!
Last night my Uncle Andy went to Heaven. He gave pancreatic cancer a good fight, but he has now been reunited with his earthly father (my Papaw) and his Heavenly Father in paradise. Please pray for his wife Brenda, his children, Shane, Christy and Eric, and his grandchildren, Kevin, Hayden, Delaney and Faith. Also my grandmother ( Mamaw) and his siblings David ( my Dad), Teresa, Bobby and Mike. This is my favorite picture of my Dad and his siblings. Andy is the second from the left.
My Dad wrote a really awesome post on Hope. Click here to read.
We will miss you Uncle Andy, but we will see you again!
I thought it would be fun to make a list of 11 things since yesterday was 11-11-11. So here are 11 things I love.
- These kids and obviously. . . New York. ( Eric brought these shirts back for us from his trip a couple of weeks ago if you hadn’t guessed that.)
- I love Emma’s ginormous bow. She had her pictures made at MDO last week and she wore this bow with a really cute red smocked dress. I can’t wait to see how they turned out!
- I love that whenever I do dishes, Ava wants me to put some suds in her sink so she can play with them.
- I love that we FINALLY hung up these pictures and now we FINALLY have a picture of Ava hanging up in our house. (I’m planing on changing out the pictures of Wesley on the bottom and the one on the bottom right.)
- I love that we have a standing breakfast/playdate with our best friends every Friday while the boys are in their Friday classes. ( This was a really cool balloon sculpture in front of Godiva at West Town mall.)
- I love that since the time change Ava has started taking 2 naps. One at about 10am and then another one at 3:00 and she is still going to bed between 7:3o and 8:00. LOVE!
- I love that for Emma’s birthday we are getting her the American Girl doll Kitt Kittredge. My sisters and I had American Girl dolls when we were little and we are all really big fans. I’m hoping for her birthday next year we can take a trip to the store in Atlanta.
- I love that Eric and I were able to have a date night last night. We went to Wasabi for dinner and then ran a few errands. When we got home we worked on the broken Christmas tree and then watched Christmas Vacation together. We had so much fun and we laughed a lot. We really needed that!
- I love this really neat trick that my sister Heather taught me. Mix half of a packet of Swiss Miss in with your coffee and it tastes just like a chocolate mocha. I’m hooked.
- I love that my friend Sarah just had her baby girl Avery, and as soon as we get rid of these runny noses and coughs I will LOVE getting to go hold her.
- And finally. . . I love using these bullet points in my posts. I’ll try not to wear it out, but it’s really fun.
There you have it! 11 things on 11-11-11.
Yep. I’m one of those people. Decorate really early for Christmas, start listening to Christmas music in September type of people. I can’t help it.
- I put our tree up on Saturday and have most of our Christmas decorations up.
- I was glad that I used my label maker when I put up the decorations last year. It made finding things so easy. Who doesn’t love a little organization in their life? Ahhhhh.
- How do you get a 3 year old and a 17 month old to leave the ornaments on the tree, and leave all of the decorations alone? I’ve decided it’s impossible. I had to laugh when I walked into the living room and found Sleeping Beauty at the nativity.
- I saved this tree from going to the dump last year when some friends of ours ( who shall remain nameless) were going to throw it away. It’s a pre-lit tree. I am going to try to fix it. I’ll let you know how it goes.
My friend Lindsay invited me and my sister to go to the game with her last night. It wasn’t the most exciting game, and the stadium was pretty empty, but we had a great time hanging out together. We won the game too, so that’s always good.